SolidBuild wooden summerhouse kits start under $1,400, and elegant portable buildings for under $3,000 – all-inclusive kits come with precut, ready to assemble natural northern pine prepared with tongue and grove connections, as well as windows, doors and all necessary hardware. Receive free shipping within the continental United States.
Versatile Storage Sheds / Decorative Portable Buildings / Quaint Summerhouse Kits
Whether you need a storage shed that’s purely practical or a fun backyard, patio, deck or garden summerhouse, or are looking for classic / modern portable buildings to add-on to a deck, the SolidBuild kits are an affordable choice. It’s easy to order one of these all inclusive kits. Need a cheap poolhouse, children’s playhouse, family summerhouse, garden gazebo or outdoor shed for storage? Then the kits offered by SolidBuild, a company based in Willowbrook Illinois, will likely be ideal.
Discover various options and see how affordable these portable buildings can be:
1. The Moderna is one of the most unusual / modern designs, which departs from the classic summerhouse by being square with a flat roof. It’s a natural wood portable building that can be used for storage or as a small summerhouse, playhouse or as a decorative replacement for a more expensive and less practical garden gazebo.
The Solidbuild Moderna design costs under $1,800 and is sold as a complete kit. All the walls are ¾ inch thick, solid pine hardwood, prepared with tongue and groove for easy assembly.
The base floor plan is 9 feet 4 inches square, which makes the inner summerhouse have 81 square feet of useable space. The outer height is 7 feet 3 inches, and the inner space is 6 feet 8 inches.
The kit includes a door that’s double glazed as well as three windows that measure over 2 feet wide.
All hardware for the door and windows are included with the kit.
The only thing you’ll need to choose separately are the floorboards (since you may be erecting this portable building onto a deck, cement pad or tiled area and may not require a wooden floor), and the roofing boards, which also can be solid hardwood, plywood or some other material of your choice.
SolidBuild endeavors to provide the most affordable solutions in outdoor sheds and patio gazebos and therefore allows the customer to choose certain features that will help to keep the kits cheap.
2. Although the SolidBuild Brighton kit is officially called a Storage Garden Shed, it’s obviously much more – one of the many portable buildings that can double as a garden gazebo, a pool house, a storage unit or even a summer playhouse. The Brighton is a building with windows and doors and loads of design possibilities. The complete kit costs $2,845. Take a look at all you get for that price. It includes: 1 and 3/8 inch wallboards with rounded edges, each with a tongue and groove interlocking system for ease of assembly, a roofing system that overhangs around the entire summerhouse, windows, double panel doors (with glazed glass) and a complete wooden floor.
The house, when completed, offers 129 square feet of space and looks like a classic dollhouse.
This summerhouse is more practical than most garden gazebo units because it’s enclosed (for fewer mosquitoes), yet bright and sunny with windows and French doors that give it charm. This house can be erected where patio gazebos might normally be placed, in a garden, on the grass, on a cement pad, adjacent to a deck or patio, even as a summertime guest room, studio or work area. The Brighten portable building is so beautifully crafted that it’s a shame to use it as just a storage shed.
In previous posts we’ve recommended choosing certain solid wood summer house designs from European sources, which is great for customers in the UK, however, for North American buyers, the SolidBuild houses and sheds are practical and affordable since they’re built in the US by a company in Illinois. Avoid costly shipping charges, in fact, you may get free delivery. To order online just click an image and you’ll be taken to a secure shopping area.
3. Another of the affordable garden summer house designs that’s called a shed, but in fact is a full house with solid wood walls, roof, floor and double doors, is the Douglas Storage garden shed that costs $2,295 and can be ordered online.
Although this model is slightly smaller than the Brighton, it offers 140 square feet of usable space and is 8 feet 6 inches high on the inside.
The same as the other models, all the wallboards are hardwood with rounded edges and an interlocking tongue and groove system for simple DIY assembly.
The unique feature of this design is the canopy that overhangs from the roof and creates a sort of porch / balcony. Everything required to set up one of these portable buildings in a backyard, garden or deck is included in the kit, even the double doors, the roof and the floorboards.
The walls and roof do not require tools or any carpentry expertise, however, the floor will require nails and/or screws and the appropriate tools to complete the projects. Shingles may be added as an extra, but are not included in this particular summerhouse kit.
4. SolidBuild designers have created a unique garden gazebo alternative that’s really affordable because they make the flooring and roofing systems optional. This allows clients to have the basic structure of the storage buildings they want, but the cheapest local floors and roofs.
The Optima is a 10 feet by 10 feet garden shed that cost only $2,195. The same northern pine hardwood is used and the tongue and groove system allows each piece to attached to the other easily and without power tools.
This affordable summer house, shed, storage building, playhouse, or workshop, comes with a small window and a single panel door, but as you can see, there’s enough light to give this little shed/house brightness and a nice cozy feeling.
Convert these affordable sheds into almost any type of building you desire, from a quiet place to read and relax to a place to store seeds and fertilizers. Since the quality and design of these portable garden units are obvious, finishing them in funky ways, using paint, vanish, then furnishing them on the inside with garden or patio pieces, is only limited by your imagination.
Get ideas on how to decorate and enhance your summerhouses by viewing what some of the SolidBuild customers have done with their kits. A garden gazebo won’t be any more decorative than what these sheds offer in terms of style and design possibilities that are totally customizable.
5. The absolute bargain in portable structures that come in kits is the Storage Garden Shed called the Norwich, which retails for just $1,399. This is a storage shed that doesn’t have windows and glass doors – therefore it’s really a place to store garden implements, tools, lawnmowers and other equipment. The doors that come included in the kit are double ones made in solid wood, complete with hardware.
Similar to the other designs, this unit is priced so affordably because the floor and roof aren’t included, allowing each customer to find the cheapest solution while still having a solid, well-designed outer structure.
Garden Gazebo Designs by SolidBuild
Solidbuild also offers garden gazebo kits and beautiful patio gazebos that must be ordered directly from them.
Prices range from around $4,600 to almost $6,000 and come complete with wood, roofing, floors, windows and doors as well as all necessary hardware.
Other Patio Gazebos by Suncast
Home Place Garden Gazebo designs by Suncast are made from cedar and come in various sizes including one that’s affordably priced at under $3,000 for a 10 X 10 model.
The Home Place Octagon Cedar Gazebo comes with everything you need to create a masterpiece, including the wood floor, cupola, rafters, posts, decorative spindles, benches, nails, screws, and even the wood stain to complete the project.
The larger 12 foot Home Place patio gazebos made by Suncast are priced at just under $3,000. They include all the same features as the smaller models (but offer more square footage) and come in kits with everything required for assembly and finishing.
All Weather Resin Gazebos
Suncats also creates unique resin gazebos that look like wood structures painted white, but in fact are molded panels with rustproof components that never rot or become splintered even in harsh weather.
The Suncast garden gazebo kits are easy to assemble and can be mounted to decks, patios, raised platforms or set in a garden area.
Choose a classic white gazebo design with a contrasting slate grey roof or one with a wood grain pattern that mimics genuine wood.
Buy the Suncast 10 Foot Gazebo for about $2,100 or the wood grain model that’s a 12 foot octagonal unit for about $3,300.
Shop securely from trusted sources.
Looking for Outdoor Furniture to Accent you Pergola, Summerhouse or Gazebo?
Once you have your garden structure set up, or your funky little summer house ready for use, you may need furniture. Choose from a variety of outdoor wicker furniture, teak patio furniture or wooden garden furniture sets in eco-friendly eucalyptus designs. For suggested pieces, please consult related posts that also deal with selecting outdoor fabric and patio chair cushions. Summerhouse and gazebo structures can be enhanced with benches and bench cushions as well as a garden hammock, mosquito netting and outdoor blinds. Get protection and decorative patio shade ideas in the posts that discuss shade canopies.