Do you know the number one reason that people fail to lose weight? It has nothing to do with the food that you eat, it has nothing to do with the exercise or rather exercise that you do, it has everything to do with a lack of motivation, so here’s a few points that I’ve put together to help you lose weight.
Whether you are on a weight loss diet or any meal plan, I hope that you will lose weight with these points.
- Look for weight loss diet stories: find other peoples stories about how they lost weight – this will help you find out what works and what doesn’t. Also, you will find a lot of motivation material in those stories.
- Take progress notes: what I mean by this is, track your progress, you can either do this weight scales – which is a very easy thing to do, i.e. just weigh yourself. Alternative, you could always take before and after photos. When you feel like you are not making your goals, then have a look at where you started. This may just give you that little boost that you need during the low times.
- Set reasonable goals: a lot of people say that they want to look like a super model, that’s just not a realistic or reasonable goal. So when people fail to reach them, they get depressed and consequences eat more and fail. I would recommend you set a reasonable end goal, not only that, you should set smaller goals. More along the lies of partial goals, for example, I want to lose 10lbs every month. A goal like that is quite reasonable and you will keep going with it until you reach your end goal.
- Start exercising: you should start and at least try to exercise each day, why? Well, exercise not only helps you lose weight (durr) but it also makes you feel good, emotionally. Those that do light exercise each day are more likely to reach their goals over time then those that did not do anything.
- Get a personal trainer: A personal trainer can help keep you on track, heck, that’s what they are paying you for. They are trained in being motivators – so you should look for a PT to kick your butt into gear.
- Diet with a friend: studies have shown that if you start a diet with a friend that you are far more likely to lose weight than doing it alone. The reason for this is, most people like to compete with their friends, so this is true when it comes to diet. So find a friend and start your weight loss diet together and you will but look great.
Hopefully these brief little tips have given you a few ideas of how to encourage your weight loss journey, just make sure you take action. Don’t put off trying to lose weight, start a diet today and enjoy the benefits of it in a short period of time. After all, the sooner that you start, the sooner you will get rid of that unwanted fat.