For coffee lovers out there, here is a piece of good news! Did you know drinking 1 -2 cups a day can help you lose weight? Here are some tips.
1. Consume coffee in moderation. Have a up or 2 per day, or if you are a heavy coffee drinker, try switching some of your daily coffee intake to decaf. Tip: Excessive coffee consumption can lead to increased stress levels and insomnia, both of which can lead to overeating.
2. Forget the cream and sugar. Try using skim milk and sugar-free sweeteners instead.
3. Skip the specialty coffee beverages. These large, flavoured, espresso-based beverages that are becoming more and more popular at coffee shops often contain large amounts of milk and flavoured sugar syrups and can contain as many calories as a whole meal.
4. Have coffee after dinner to reduce cravings. One of coffee’s positive attributes is its role as an appetite suppressant. Try drinking coffee after your dinner each night. This may help you to reduce your cravings for dessert or other late-night snack foods before bed.
5. Drink coffee an hour or so before a workout. Coffee consumed before a workout can increase your energy and alertness, which can help you to undertake a more rigorous, focused workout. Tip: You may want to avoid drinking coffee immediately before exercising, as the acid coupled with the agitation from exercise may lead to an upset stomach.
6. Augment your coffee with plenty of water. Coffee can act as a diuretic in many people, meaning that it will cause you to lose fluids. To stay hydrated and keep your stomach fuller, drink a cup of water for every cup of coffee you drink.
So enjoy your next cuppa!